The last day of November is upon us. May December be pleasant for everyone.
- His looming free agency was believed to be a distraction by many, but John Tavares (and his team) are proving everyone wrong. [Newsday]
- Uncle Bob McKenzie and Elliotte Friedman, in separate media appearances, answered questions about how the strong play early on has contributed to the odds Tavares sticks around - it can’t hurt, that’s for sure. [FanRag]
- Bryan Trottier says that he and other former Islander greats hope he stays forever, adding that he is the perfect captain for this team. [Newsday]
- These three tidbits were accounted for in Encyclopedia II.
- Andrew Ladd is off to a much better start this season. [Islanders]
- The latest Isle Seat Podcast features Calvin de Haan and coverage of the four-game winning streak.
- Some players on the team are making a strong case for individual awards. [IPB]
- The Sound Tigers have become somewhat of a talent factory, and are off to a pretty good start. [NHL]
- Stan Fischler reports on the surprise players carrying the local teams. [MSG]
- Fischler also sat down with former Islander and current Canucks head coach Travis Green while Vancouver was in town. [Islanders]
- Pat LaFontaine (who?) recalls playing for both the Islanders and Rangers in “The NHL: 100 Years.” [am NY]
- Satchel Paige ranked the worst 100 NHL jerseys of all-time and I didn’t have to scroll long to see Fishsticks at No. 3. [SBN]
- The Bruins found a way to topple the Lightning 3-2 and other scores from last night’s NHL games.
- Ian McLaren ranked the top 10 line combinations at 5v5 thus far; no Islanders mentioned, but they’re not the best 5v5 team at the moment. [theScore]
- Cam Talbot hasn’t played up to his caliber yet, and now he may be out for a little while. The Oilers are cursed. [C&B]
- Speaking of teams that are cursed: it’s plain to see that the Sabres and Coyotes are, once again, horrendous. But it’s always fun to dive deep into the abyss and investigate why. [SBN]