Good November morning, friends. Baseball season is over. Game 7 was extraordinarily boring, especially in comparison with the rest of the World Series. But congrats to the Houston Astros. First one ever.
The Capitals play in Capital One Arena (formerly Verizon Center), in our nation’s capital. Their opponent, the Isles, idled the last two days, flying down to Washington for an early-season division matchup.
Leave your FIG picks here.
- The Brooklynites are in 3rd in the division, but have played mostly Western Conference teams to this point. Thomas Hickey draws in for Adam Pelech, who is day-to-day. [Newsday]
- Kieffer Bellows has been hot since joining the WHL - though he is older than most of the competition - and more in the Prospect Report, which doesn’t feature Josh Ho-Sang. [Islanders]
- Steven Stamkos knows what John Tavares is going through, and discusses the Tavares-to-Tampa rumor (don’t worry everyone, there was talk Stamkos was coming to the Islanders). [Greg Wyshynski at ESPN]
- Yesterday would have been Al Arbour’s 85th birthday. The Islanders legends that played for him always celebrated his birthday by smashing a pie on or near his face. Another unique wrinkle for the dynasty. [Islanders]
- Last night’s NHL scores. The Penguins beat the Oilers again, and Crosby wins the season series against McDavid.
- Elliotte Friedman’s 31 Thoughts reflects the Rangers’ potential desire to revamp their team. Perhaps the shoe is on the other foot, finally. Although, the Isles’ rebuild is never truly over.
- David Backes is going to miss the next eight weeks recovering from surgery to combat recent bouts of diverticulitis. Hope all goes well for him. [SCOC]
- Ol’ pal and fist-f***** P.A. Parenteau has signed with Yekaterinburg Avtomobilist of the KHL. Fare thee well, Pierre-Alexandre. [TSN]
- NHL players discuss how they bridge language barriers in the locker room and on the ice. Some guys had an open mind. Some did not. [ESPN]
- Tyler Seguin did not. [Yahoo]
- A graphic artist redesigned all the NHL logos with Halloween elements. It’s purdy sweet. [Bardown]