Well that sucked. I’m still pissed off, to be quite honest. Might be a good idea to get a win today.
If you’re going to Barclays today for the home opener, try to have fun. Leave your FIG picks for tonight’s game here.
- Recaps: Please welcome Skyler to LHH by reading this rational recap | Newsday | Islanders | NHL.com | NYI Skinny | The Cannon
- Doug Weight’s post-game meet up with Shannon Hogan was honest and even-keeled. Better hope it works. [MSG Network]
- A new season means a whole new gallery of Post-Game Re-Cats at our Facebook page. Check them out and give us a like or follow us or whatever.
- Let’s hope these stories about Josh Ho-Sang being a healthy scratch are the only ones we read for a long while. [Newsday | NY Post]
- The Isle Seat podcast got me all pumped up before the game. And then... Anyway, it’s really good.
- The Sound Tigers start their season tonight, and naturally, Michael Fornabaio is all over it: Devon Toews wants to be the next to graduate to the big club | Steven Gionta and Steve Bernier are back for leadership and stuff | Ben Holmstrom is once again captain, and Seth Helgeson gets an “A.” | Other Bridgeport notes
- This will make you smile: How The Mighty Ducks made an Islanders fan. [FanPost]
- Mike wants YOU to help out with the LHH Power Rankings. [just picture him pointing at you like Uncle Sam]
- If you’re on camera at a game, this company can recognize your face and provide you with a copy of the clip. Works with Barclays Center’s Jumbotron, too. [TvTechnology]
- Last night’s NHL scores: Congrats to the Golden Knights, who beat Dallas 2-1 in their first ever regular season game. As for the Stars... woof.
- Vegas’s incredibly stupid cable dispute was ended at the last possible minute. But a lot of people in town didn’t get to watch the game. [Knights on Ice]
- The Flyers made some weird roster decisions on opening night, too. [BSH]
- Andreas Athanasiou is working out with a Swiss club because the Red Wings still haven’t signed him. [WIIM]
- Some GMs will have their jobs forever and some could get fired at any time. [Vice]
- Bruins rookie Jake DeBrusk scored his first goal and his dad Louie was in tears. [SBN]
- This might not make you smile. One pick after the Islanders took Taylor Cammarata, who’s no longer with the organization, the Penguins drafted Jake Guentzel. [Penguins]
- The Canucks suck. [Vancouver Courier]
Shane Prince and Allan Quine rang the bell at the New York Stock Exchange on Thursday.
Looking sharp boys! @ShanePrince18 and @AWQuine ringing the @NASDAQ Closing Bell today. #Isles pic.twitter.com/1UpMTPjkmg— New York Islanders (@NYIslanders) October 5, 2017