I’m writing this from my basement couch, watching yet another ridiculous World Series game. If you’re not a fan of the Dodgers or Astros, this series has been extraordinary. If you are a fan of either team, it has probably been heart-attack inducing. (Probably) juiced balls. Outrageous fun.
The extremely new and extremely hot Vegas Golden Knights begin a string of 11 of 15 on the road right here in Brooklyn. Their fall from grace is coming - hopefully tonight is the beginning of it.
Leave your FIG Picks here.
As per Arthur Staple’s tweet, expect the same lineup from Saturday night against the Predators.
#Isles held an optional practice today, optional AM skate tomorrow. Sounds like same skaters and Halak in goal again vs. VGK.— Arthur Staple (@StapeNewsday) October 29, 2017
- Something not many know: John Tavares had his second hat trick in three games on Saturday night in Nashville. It also occurred within a span of eight minutes. [Puck Daddy]
- It’s almost Halloween, and the sexy costumes are back at NHL.com! Old favorites, like the Sexy Corsi, are still available, but consider a trendy look like the Sexy Golden Knight to wow your friends with your Halloween spirit. [LHH Zeitgeist]
- A new episode of Islanders Anxiety dropped yesterday, and it covers Tavares’ tricks, Josh Ho-Sang’s demotion, and Alumni Night, among other topics. [LHH]
- The Devils are in first, the Isles in fourth, and the Islanders play the Capitals in this week’s Metro Division Snapchat. [AATJ]
- Watch some behind-the-scenes footage of the Islanders Puppy Calendar Shoot. [MSG Networks]
- Last night’s NHL scores. Blake Wheeler had a first period hat trick as part of a five-goal first period for the Jets as they throttled the Penguins, 7-1.
- This is the third loss of its kind for the Pens, and while all three have been road losses on the second half of a back-to-back, there may be some real issues there. Especially since they play 19 back-to-backs this season. [PHT]
- The Isles’ opponent tonight finally did something about its glut of bad defenseman, having waived Jason Garrison on Saturday and Griffin Reinhart yesterday. Garik16 reminds us that, in light of Reinhart’s continuing lack of success, prospect projection is mostly about statistical probability.
- Also, this situation between the Golden Knights and center Vadim Shipachyov keeps getting weirder. Plus, former Capital Nate Schmidt gives his thoughts on Barclays Center. “On TV, it looks like nobody’s there. But when you’re there, you see all the people.” [Review-Journal]
- Catch up with the Panthers two currently active goalies: James Reimer and Antti Niemi. [CBS Miami]