Leave your FIG Picks for tonight here.
- A modest two consecutive wins for the home team and a desperate opponent coming in has Doug Weight preaching watch out, push harder. [Newsday | Isles]
- Lineup info from those two links: Jaroslav Halak is in net and the Isles go back to 12 forwards and six D, which means...Scott Mayfield is likely back, Ryan Pulock and Joshua Ho-Sang quite possibly out.
- One more look in Play of the Day style at Josh Bailey’s stunning goal. [LHH]
- Dan talks the Isles on Hockey Night in NY podcast. [Hockey Night NY]
- More on John Ledecky’s treating an original fan’s family he met on the train, and spilling more details on Belmont. [LHH]
- The Isles’ alumni reunion was pretty cool. I confess I knew who Petr Mika is. [LHH] He and others traveled far and wide for this. [MSG]
- Never a bad time to talk about the Easter Epic. Pat LaFontaine needed a little oxygen help to get through the four OT Game 7 thriller, Patrick Flatley called it a surreal, euphoric state. [NHL]
- The NHL’s centennial portrait series continues with Denis Potvin’s portrait. [NHL]
When life imitates satire.
- Last night’s scores: The Sharks win at the Garden with Logan Couture striking early (heh), and the Leafs dispatch the Kings.
- Henrik Lundqvist has been one of the Rangers’ many holes as it feels like...1975? [Post]
- The Coyotes are coming off a tough late loss at home to the Blackhawks. [AZ Central | Five For Howling]
- Zach Parise has yet to play this season and is looking at back surgery. [The Athletic MN]
- Patrick Eaves is diagnosed with Guillain-Barre syndrome and is expected to make a full recovery, though that could take weeks or months. [Anaheim Calling | Ducks]
- The Penguins waived offseason mistake Antti Niemi. [Pensburgh]
- The Leafs waived Eric Fehr. [PPP]
- The Oilers are in “silver lining” mode. [Edmonton Journal]
- The Sabres, they can still get back on track, right? [THN]
- Defending the struggling Canadiens’ chances. [Puck Daddy]