Howdy y’all. Not much doing with the Islanders today. They’re back tomorrow against Arizona. Yeehaw.
- Bob Nystrom’s OT goal in Game 6 to win the Isles’ first Cup is being considered as one of the top 100 NHL moments in history. The NHL’s top moment will be voted upon tournament-style. [NHL.com]
- Scott Eansor scored his 7th in his first six career AHL games and the Sound Tigers scored 3 first period goals en route to a 6-3 victory over the Hartford Wolf Pack. [CT Post]
- The Worcester Railers requested to open their inaugural season at home and to follow it up with a western road trip as a way to bond as a new team. [Telegram]
- The Islanders sit 3 points back of 1st place New Jersey in this week’s Metro Division Snapshot. Ah, the beginning of the season. [AATJ]
Not Islanders News
- Last night’s NHL score. There was only one game. It was Canucks-Red Wings. My condolences to anyone forced to watch it.
- Everyone’s gettin’ hurt. Ol’ pal Andrew MacDonald will miss 4-6 weeks to a lower-body injury suffered from a blocked shot. [BSH]
- Cam Fowler will also miss 4-6 weeks with a lower-body injury, most likely the result of an awkward fall into the boards. [Sportsnet]
- And Jaromir Jagr was placed on IR with, you guessed it, a lower-body injury. [FlamesNation]
- Some good news, though: Brian Boyle reappeared at the Devils Season Ticket Member Open Practice. He said he’s still a ways away from game play, but it’s a good to see him on the ice. [Devils]
- The Maple Leafs signed Roman Polak to a one-year deal. He had been practicing with the team since training camp, having been a member of the Leafs last year when he broke his leg in the playoffs. [PPP]
- The Ottawa 67’s are one of the oldest and most storied junior franchises in the Canadian hockey world, but attendance is dwindling. [Ottawa Citizen]