- Recaps: LHH | Newsday | NY Post | Islanders | NHL.com | NYI Skinny | FTF
- Anthony Beauvillier got back into the lineup while Josh Ho-Sang sat after what Doug Weight thought was a very sloppy game for him. [Newsday]
- But that didn’t keep the kid down.
Are you kidding me josh bailey wow gotta see this goal, stick that on repeat— Josh Ho-sang (@66jhosang) October 22, 2017
- MEANWHILE, Jon Ledecky met fans on the train on the way to the game and revealed a few details about the proposed Belmont arena project. [LHH | Newsday]
- The Sound Tigers rallied, then fell to the Montreal Rocket 6-3 last night. Scott Eansor scored again, though. Bridgeport plays Hartford this afternoon. [CT Post]
- With a goal and two assists, David Quenneville continues to tear up the WHL and the Tigers beat Kootinay on Friday. [MH News]
- Bill Torrey and broadcaster Brian McFarlane are honored at St. Lawrence University for their outstanding careers in hockey.
In the 1st intermission we officially honored our Legends, Brian McFarlane & Bill Torrey, with a few special guests! Here’s the bench view pic.twitter.com/ZJT3K7UGhE— Saints Athletics (@SLUsaints) October 22, 2017
Around the NHL
- Last night’s scores. The Golden Knights won again and the Lightning blew out the Penguins.
- Before the game, Pittsburgh acquired center Riley Sheahan from the Red Wings, who needed to make two trades to make room for the returning Andreas Athanasiou. [WIIM | Pensburgh]
- Willie O’Ree dropped the ceremonial puck at the Blue Jackets-Kings game as he nears the 60th anniversary of his becoming the first black player in NHL history. [NHL.com]
- A Devils anthem singer got a little crossed up, so the crowd at The Rock helped her out. [The AP]
Alumni Night was super cool. We can probably expect more stories and video from it. Stan Fischler was among the honorees and talked about his All-Time Islanders MVP.
And here’s the pre-game ceremony. Hope to see more of these in the future with even more attendees.