- Recaps: LHH | Newsday recap by Neil Best | NY Post | Islanders | NHL.com | NYI Skinny | BSB
- It was a night for young Islanders, in both good ways and bad. I feel I might have more to say about this. There’s a lot to unpack. [Staple at Newsday]
- Let us revel in the greatness of Mathew Barzal’s first NHL goal. Couldn’t have come against a better opponent. [LHH]
- And he got the star treatment afterwards:
- Jaroslav Halak continues to befuddle the Rangers. [NY Post]
- Mitch Vande Sompel is already turning heads at Bridgeport. [CT Post | More BST notes from Michael Fornabaio]
- The Bridgeport amphitheater vote that could affect the Sound Tigers arena situation has been delayed. [CT Post]
- Looks like Mitch Gillam will start for Worcester against Manchester. [Telegram]
- Last night’s NHL scores. Lots of shutouts and the Hurricanes sweep Alberta.
- It’s not like the Avalanche need help to lose any games, but it appears they got screwed on an offside call last night. [MHH]
- Jeff Carter got cut by a skate and will miss several weeks. [JFTC]
- The man himself, Jim Corsi - for whom the stat is named but is not necessarily of the stat - writes about coaching tactics for NHL.com. This week: making choas into goals.
- Miss the Glow Puck? Gary Bettman kinda wants to bring it back. [ESPN]
- There’s an NWHL podcast you should listen to called The Fifth Star. Perfect way to get ready for the upcoming season.
- Maybe the Knicks and Rangers would be more profitable if they played in Brooklyn. I know a place. [NY Post schadenfreude]
- Losing a bet to David Backes had a really shitty outcome for Charlie McAvoy. [SCOC]