After a couple days off from game action, the Isles are back at it at the Garden tonight for their first dance with the Rangers to cap off their “road trip.”
FIG Picks go here. Don’t take Nikolay Kulemin.
- Ryan Pulock will finally make his season debut tonight, as Nikolay Kulemin comes out of the lineup and joins Anthony Beauvillier at the view from above. If you’re keeping count, yes, tonight they will line up 11 forwards and 7 defensemen. [Newsday]
- However, given his lack of play time and that they’re going 11F/7D, it’s fair to wonder to what extent he’ll play. [IPB]
- In fact, he may be a power play specialist. He’s got that wicked slappah, you know. [Islanders]
- The Isle Seat Podcast celebrates his entrance to the lineup but wonders where Beauvillier is.
- Bowtie Bill Torrey will be among the honorees at St. Lawrence’s “Legends of Appleton” ceremony. [USCHO]
- Spizz took a detailed look at Adam Pelech’s performance so far this season. Not great, Bob.
- Prospects David Quenneville and Kieffer Bellows have had really productive weeks. [Islanders]
Around the NHL
- Last night’s scores. Man, the Habs are in a bad, bad place right now.
- Elliotte Friedman’s 31 Thoughts looks at the teams like Montreal that are starting out slowly.
- The Bruins are quite injured right now. Ryan Spooner is out a few weeks with a groin tear and Tuukka Rask got
hisHIT hard in practice and might miss time.
- Nice to see Eddie Olczyk back on NBCSN while he’s undergoing cancer treatments. [SBN]
- The Deutschland Cup tournament is around the corner (but you probably knew that already), and Team USA features a ton of names we’re familiar with like Dylan Reese, Matt Donovan and David Leggio. [USA Hockey]
- Voting for the Greatest NHL Moment started yesterday. A couple of Islanders moments on the list. Please don’t let Auston Matthews beat Pat LaFontaine.
- RIP to The Tragically Hip’s Gord Downie, whose connections to Canada and hockey run extraordinarily deep. [Sportsnet]
Matt Martin remains the best. [SBN]