- The Islanders were back at practice yesterday and made the day for an eight-year-old battling lymphoma, he skated with them as an Islander for a day. [Islanders | NHL | Newsday | News 12 | Fox 5]
- Scenes from the road trip, including 1 a.m. in-flight video review, quiet contemplative bus rides, and good food ‘n stuff. [Isles]
- Interesting movement in Bridgeport: The Isles (and Sound Tigers) aren’t messing around with their objection to the city allowing Howard Saffan to build an amphitheater next to the arena, which the Tigers say would void their lease. [CT Post | Soundin’ Off]
- Chris Botta writes that few outside of the Islanders sphere think John Tavares will be one come July. [SNY]
- On the ice, John Stevens’ “hockey IQ is through the roof” so he’s a welcome return from injury. [CT Post] Meanwhile, the latest line juggling and injuries (Stephen Gionta) in Bridgeport. [Soundin’ Off]
- Blueline prospect David Quenneville is off to another good start and has been selected for the annual Canada Russia series. [Medicine Hat]
- Some Islanders alumni on the AHL Rockford bench. [Rockford]
- And another alum, Jason Simon, is mentoring First Nation kids on and off the ice. [Sarnia Journal]
- Last night’s scores. Including Vegas winning again (in overtime) for the best expansion team start in history, the Rangers losing again (in overtime), and the Oilers losing again (in regulation, but Ryan Strome scored).
- Erik Karlsson is back (but the Senators lost), and we missed him but the Sens almost didn’t. [Puck Daddy]
- Nikita Kucherov has scored in seven straight games to start the season, but surely Out Of Respect For Mario Lemieux he won’t upset precious Penguins fans by continuing this streak to 12. [NHL]
- How many games does it take to know a team’s true talent? This sounds like a trick question. [TSN video]
- Thomas Hickey does fish oils. Blake Coleman drinks pickle juice. [NHL]
Wayne Simmonds and ex-Isles cult hero (for some) Micheal [sic] Haley fought.
Hopefully the Isles beat the Rangers because this is fun.