Well that was definitely worth going into work groggy on a Monday morning...
Yeah, the Islanders battled back and made it close and had a chance to go to overtime. None of that matters in the standings, though. Their power play is 0-for-20, two thirds of their top line appears to be snake bitten and they’re wildly inconsistent from period to period. They’ve got to make some real hay at The Garden on Thursday night.
New Islanders Anxiety incoming soon.
- Recaps: LHH | Newsday | Islanders | NHL.com | NYI Skinny
- Really, all you need to know about the game can be gleaned from John Tavares post-game quotes. I mean, he looks like he’s seen some shit, man...
"All we can do is wake up tomorrow, find a way to turn the tide and get better." -JT pic.twitter.com/hdO9tR1w0Q— New York Islanders (@NYIslanders) October 16, 2017
- Despite the loss, Andrew Ladd scored his 500th NHL point and Mathew Barzal got his first. [Islanders]
- There were some additions to the Tavares Encyclopedia, with Sharks writers chumming the waters and Larry Brooks playing both sides.
- Portland blew out Kelowna 8-2 last night and Kieffer Bellows had two goals and an assist. [Winterhawks | WHL.ca]
- Last night’s NHL scores. No Fleury, no problem. The Golden Knights win again behind new goalie Malcolm Subban.
- MAF is on injured reserve, along with Jonathan Marchessault [NHL.com]. Half of the Wild is gonna be out for a while, too [NHL.com]. And Matt Niskanen has been placed on long term injured reserve with an upper body injury [NHL.com]
- After clearing waivers, Mark Streit was placed on unconditional waivers by the Habs, probably clearing a path back to Europe. [EOTP]
- Down Goes Brown’s Friday grab back has an extended look at Billy Smith going all Billy Smith on some fools. [Vice]
- All About The Jersey’s Metro Snapshot is all new.
- The Nets return return to their roots (sort of). [NetsDaily]
A play in three acts