John Tavares was the Isles' lone representative at this year's All-Star Game. He would score a couple goals in the Atlantic-Metropolitan semifinal, with he and Cam Atkinson forming, as Pierre McGuire says, a "dynamic duo."
Conjoined Islanders/All-Star Notes
- The Metro Division, yes our division, won the All-Star Game(s), with Tavares scoring in the first game as previously stated. [LHH]
- Tavares's buddy P.K. Subban was mic'd up for the Skills Competition. [NHL.com]
- Tavares, who made headlines with the non-story of him saying he's open to discussing an extension, would also love to go to the Olympics. [CBC.ca]
- The Post, in all its infamous glory, of course takes the doom and gloom route with something as trivial as Tavares getting media attention in Los Angeles. [New York Post]
- Speaking of the Metro, let's take a Snapshot, shall we? [AATJ]
- Taylor Cammarata scored as the Minnesota Golden Gophers shutout Bemidji State.
- Mathew Barzal had three assists and the Seattle Thunderbirds were able to top the Everett Silvertips.
- And finally, it's AHL All-Star Weekend as well, and the Sound Tigers' representative is defenseman Devon Toews. The game is tonight, and last night, Toews won the fastest skater competition with the second-fastest time the AHL has ever recorded: