It’s All Star Skills day, with the big competition going off tonight at 7 ET (4 pm PT) on NBCSN, CBC, Sportsnet and TVA. Everybody have fun out there and DON’T GET HURT.
- Last night, the NHL finally revealed their Greatest 100 Players of All Time list. Several Islanders were on it, of course, although inexplicably, Radek Martinek missed the cut. [LHH | Even the "greats" have a "greatest" and they agree that it's still Mr. Hockey]
- And in today's skills competition, it's John Tavares versus his friends in a sadistically cruel twist of fate. Eyes on Isles sees it a different way.
- Funny how, during a winning streak, the questions sent to Arthur Staple for his mailbag post tend to be a little less... extreme. [Newsday]
- One big change for the players under Doug Weight is communication, even if the meetings are "uncomfortable." [NY Post]
- Andrew Ladd is healthier than he's been this season and it showed in Thursday's game. Which begs the question, why didn't we know he was hurt in the first place? [NY Post]
- The duo of Joshua Ho-Sang and Josh Winquist helped the Sound Tigers to a 3-2 shootout win over Hartford last night. [CT Post | Soundin' Off]
- Bridgeport goalie Stephon Williams isn't worried about the new rules on goalie pants. [CT Post]
- Mitchell Vande Sompel can hit an OHL milestone if he keeps his scoring up. [London Free Press]
Around the Quiet NHL
- But seriously, where was Joe Thornton on that NHL 100 list? That's a pretty big omission. [FTF]
- Metro Division coach John Tortorella will miss the All Star Game to care for his son's sick dog. [SBN]
- The Devils lost their game on Thursday, but they went all out on the Retro Night trappings. [Puck Daddy]