You know what? That was a heckuva game the Islanders played last night. It was so good I’m a little miffed that there’s a damn All Star Break right now and we all have to wait until next Tuesday (against the league-leading Caps) for the next game.
But so be it. On to L.A.
- Recaps: LHH | Newsday | NY Post | Islanders | NHL.com | NYI Skinny | EOTP
- Josh Bailey's pretty good year continues. [Islanders]
- Anders Lee made his return from illness but Shane Prince sat out. He'll be back soon, per Doug Weight. [Newsday]
- Game No. 1,000 is creeping up on Jason Chimera, locker room comedian and donut connoisseur. [NHLPA]
- Believe it or not, the Islanders have been Barclays Center's most successful tenants this season. But they and the Nets still might make for a very dark spring in Brooklyn. [Newsday]
- Here's Newsday on that New York senator's petition to bring the Islanders back to Nassau County. Funny how he doesn't mention how the Islanders will make money in that scenario. Moving on...
- Notes from the Sound Tigers including some trivia on transactions. [Soundin' Off]
- WHL defenseman David Quenneville is working his way back from that broken leg. [Medicine Hat News]
- E$PN IN$IDER$ talk about Claude Julien but I think there's some Jack Capuano stuff in there, too.
- Last night's NHL scores. Some weird shit went down between the Stars and Sabres, as tradition dictates. [DBD]
- Just before last night's game, the Habs acquired Tampa Bay defenseman Nikita Nesterov for the bargain price of a sixth round pick and a prospect. [EOTP]
- Congrats to Columbus's Cam Atkinson, who was named to the All Star Game replacing Evgeni Malkin. [Cannon]
- Is Marc-Andre Fleury in his final days as a Penguin? [Pensburgh]
- Colorado's season goes even further into the tubes as Semyon Varlamov will miss the rest of the season with an injury. [MHH]
- Warning: This story about Frans Nielsen, Red Wings All Star, may be hazardous to your emotional state. [Freep]
- The Blackhawks have a very weird web series featuring Brian Campbell and Artemi Panarin and Pat from SBN is reviewing it AV Club style.
- Watch those hot mics, ref. [SBN]
This is tremendous. Watch it again for the 100th time.