FIG picks go here. Game time is 7 pm.
- Weight thinks a playoff-like atmosphere will help the Islanders in their playoff quest. If they play like they did on Thursday, he might get one. [Newsday]
- One game in and we're already asking about Weight's longterm coaching future with the Islanders. Even he's not sure how long he'll last. [NY Post]
- The Islanders second half schedule is going to be a bear. Or rather one bear after another without much rest in between. [Mike B]
- The power polls all came out before Tuesday's firing but the Bettman Bonus Point still needs to die. [LHH]
- Matt Martin offers his take on Jack Capuano's firing and Kyle Okposo's reaching out to their former coach. [Sportsnet | Also from Sportsnet: Martin is a great dude who is loved inside the Leafs locker room. Just like he was in the Islanders room. Canada just didn't care then.]
- The Hockey News doesn't think the Islanders' playoff push will be successful but that doesn't mean there aren't things the team shouldn't do with the rest of the season.
- The Sound Tigers beat Springfield 5-3 with the top line having quite a night. Alas, Josh Ho-Sang was a healthy scratch again. [CT Post | Soundin' Off]
- At least we can put this to rest (at the practice facility, anyway. I think the logo at Barclays is still on the rug.)
Around the NHL
- Last night's NHL scores. The Penguins destroyed the Hurricanes and Carolina's players were searching for answers. [Canes Country]
- Henrik Sedin scored his 1,000th point and got a special congratulation from the opposing goaltender - his former teammate Roberto Luongo. [SBN]
- Sad news for the Senators' Clarke MacArthur. Looks like he'll be shut down for the reason due to concussion issues. [SSS]
- The Blues are giving struggling Jake Allen a mental break over the weekend. File this under, "If the Islanders had done this..." [Puck Daddy]
- Man, how long does it take to change a pane of glass at a game? On Thursday in Anaheim, the answer was, "too long." [SBN]