Not bad. When was the last time the Islanders outshot an opponent? That’s a rhetorical question. I’m just making an informed observation about the Islanders and the play style they had previously displ...
Forget it. The weekend is nearly upon us. They’re back at it tomorrow versus L.A.
OH HEY! Do you want to run SB Nation's site for the Vegas Golden Knights? Here's the posting for that opening.
- Recaps: LHH | Newsday | NY Post | Islanders | NHL.com | NYI Skinny | DBD
- Injured guys Travis Hamonic, Johnny Boychuk, Andrew Ladd and Cal Clutterbuck remain injured. [Newsday]
- He might the interim coach, but Doug Weight needs to keep his captain cooking. [Newsday]
- John Tavares tells Brett Cyrgalis that he wants to stay an Islander but, in case you forgot, you neeever knooo-oow... [NY Post | Also added to our encyclopedia]
- Jack Capuano may be gone but the character of "Jack Capuano" will live on forever in Les Beaver's pre-gamers. The final speech delivered by "Cappy" is an epic and fitting conclusion to the series. Bravo, Les.
- The brave boys of the Point Blank Podcast are doing a Facebook Live edition next Monday and they want your questions.
- Meet Tanner Fritz, the Sound Tigers' utility man. [CT Post]
- And The Trentonian takes notice of Devon Toews.
- Other Bridgeport notes from Michael Fornabaio, including Brent Thompson's comments on Jack Capuano.
- On 2015 Islanders pick Nick Pastujov and his family's background in the circus. [College Hockey News]
- E$PN IN$IDER$ rank the top 50 prospects after the World Junior Championship. Mathew Barzal is in there somewhere.
- Long Island guy and one-time Islanders camp walk-on John Schiavo hooks up with the Huntsville Havoc of the SPHL.
- Last night's NHL scores. The Capitals put a touchdown on the board against St. Louis.
- Credit goes to Barry Trotz and GM Brian MacLellan for pulling the Caps out of a multi-coach tailspin. [Sportsnet]
- Holy cow. Could the Coyotes actually trade Shane Doan? [AZ Sports]
- We can complain about the Islanders letting Michael Grabner go, but so did the Leafs, who kinda knew he might have had a season like the one he's having. [ESPN]
- Scary scene in Illinois as the bus carrying the SPHL's Columbus Cottommouths rolled over on the interstate. Fortunately, there were no fatalities but there were some trips to the hospital for the players. Godspeed to all in their recovery. [Journal Star]
- What a dope. [Awful Announcing]