Hope everyone had a good long weekend, beyond just yesterday’s surprising shut out in Boston. The Islanders are off until Thursday night.
- Recaps: LHH | Newsday | Islanders | NHL.com | NYI Skinny
- It was a special day for guys on the lower end of the Islanders' depth chart. [Newsday]
- After the game, Leboff and I talked about what being an Islanders fan is like both at games and in front of the computer/smart phone. [Islanders Anxiety]
- YO! Anders Lee will be doing a live Q&A today via the NHL starting at 1:15. You can submit questions at NHL.com/faceoff or via Twitter using the hashtag #FaceOffChat and tweeting to @NHL.
- The FDNY and NYPD are excited to play their charity hockey game at Barclays Center this year. [WFAN]
- Ryan Strome is one writer's pick for greatest Niagara Ice Dog of all time. [The Standard. BTW Carter Verhaeghe is on the list as well]
- Last night's NHL scores. The Penguins 8-7 OT win over the Capitals will go down as an all-timer.
- The Flyers are collapsing before our eyes and their usually solid goaltending can't bail them out. [BSH]
- The Islanders' next opponents are the Dallas Stars, who are also collapsing while their captain Jamie Benn goes supernova. [DBD]
- Hold your fire on those re-designed Devils jerseys. [Record]
- World Junior shootout hero Troy Terry will be out of Denver's lineup indefinitely due to injury. Bummer. [SBN CH]
Jack Swaggah is back! Also, I like his line about good and bad records.