There’s an Islanders game tonight. No, really. In Brooklyn. I know, I can’t believe it, either.
All Star Game Stuff
- The league announced its All Star Game rosters (for real) and John Tavares will be your lone Islander. [LHH]
- Jonathan Toews will be there, too. Which was a surprise to him and just about everyone else. [Sun-Times | SCH]
- Mary from SBN guesses who will play on what lines at the 3-on-3 tournament.
- The KHL's All Star jerseys look pretty sweet. [Puck Daddy]
- Okay, sure, the Islanders still technically have a chance at the playoffs, despite their best efforts to throw points away. The next four games will go along way towards determining the second half of the season. [Newsday]
- Thomas Greiss, who starts tonight behind the same lineup that took two lousy points from the two worst teams in the league, looks and feels like an everyday starter. [Islanders]
- With Tavares reiterating his desire to remain an Islander, it's (beyond) time the team show him they want to win as much as he does. Includes a link to David's fine article. [Puck Daddy]
- Mitchell Vande Sompel is ready to take London by storm. [London Free Press]
- The Nassau Coliseum renovation continues, as do the photo ops proving that work is going on [Newsday gallery| NY Post article | WFAN]
- Michael Grabner has been a great pick-up for the Rangers, which is why they should trade him immediately. [BSB]
- Elliotte Friedman's 30 Thoughts cover the Avalanche's trade rumors and the personal cost of losing a high-profile game.
- The NHL's 100th anniversary show will be hosted by Blues superfan Jon Hamm. [EW.com]
- With Adidas taking over the NHL's jerseys, maybe the Flames can right the fashion wrongs they've been committing for two decades. [Flames Nation]
- Rangers fan and NYPD detective Steven McDonald passed away yesterday and Stan Fischler remembers him as a hero and a friend.
- And the SBN hockey family has lost The Cannon's Jeff Little, who passed away on Monday. Condolences to Jeff's family and to The Cannon staff.