John Tavares readings only today
- Once again, Tavares tells Toronto he actually likes being an Islander. Because this has become a regular occurrence, we've created a place where we can collect these messages for posterity. [LHH]
- Tavares also said he and the rest of Team Canada's All World Cup of Hockey. [The Record] are excited to see what lines Mike Babcock has them on for the
- Playing for Team Canada means both great and bittersweet memories for Tavares. [Globe n' Mail]
- "Tavares Curious" sounds like the title of a nominee for Best Foreign Language Film. Here, he's talking about Team North America. [NHL.com]
- A couple of days late but NHL.com ranks Tavares as the league's 11th best player, sandwiched between Sharks Brent Burns and Joe Pavelski. Not bad.
- Okay, one Non-Tavares link: The IslesBlog podcast talks to Newsday's Jim Baumbach about his article on the out clauses with Barclays Center.
- The Panthers have inked "crafty" Jonathan Huberdeau to a nice six-year extension. [LBC]
- More World Cup: Friend of the site Zeb talks to Sweden's Niklas Backstrom about playing his first World Cup game against a bunch of Capitals teammates [Japers] | Kyle from Winging It In Motown makes the case for rooting for Team North America's young guns. | Anze Kopitar will captain Team Europe with Zdeno Chara and Mark Streit as alternates. [NHL.com]
- Travis Yost takes a stab at predicting the 2016-17 NHL standings. [TSN.ca]
- A deep look into the first people charged with building an NHL expansion team in Las Vegas. [Sportsnet]
- Bill Daly says another lockout isn't on the horizon. Well now I feel better... [TSS]
- The Sabres suck but some Buffalo media guys suck even more. [PPP]