Congrats to John Tavares and Team Canada on their World Cup of Hockey victory. And congrats to Jaroslav Halak for standing on his head and not breaking while leading Team Europe to the finals. And congrats to Thomas Greiss for... just being. And congrats to everyone who didn't get hurt.
And congrats to us to making it to Friday.
- Thursday's training camp notebook focuses on the return of Nikolay Kulemin to practice. [Islanders]
- Mike and I are back to scare you about the Islanders and ask each other silly questions. [Islanders Anxiety. You can also listen via that little player at the bottom of this article.]
- Get used to Brendan Burke's voice by listening to his fun talk with the Point Blank podcast.
- Also at IPB, Brian looks at the looming roster crunch, as does Brett Cyrgalis. No offense, but I hope Cyrgalis is wrong about his opening night line-up projection.
- Audio: Newest Islander Dennis Seidenberg called into the FAN590 to talk about joining the team.
- A Sound Tiger for the majority of last season, Alan Quine wants to stay an Islander. [CT Post]
- And here is Bridgeport's training camp schedule.
- Is Keifer Sutherland's character on Designated Survivor an Islanders fan? Strong evidence suggests so. Since The Lost Boys, I always assume he's a vampire. [Medium]
- Giant dufus Andrew Shaw got himself suspended for a stupid hit from earlier this week. But the suspension is only for three preseason games so he'll learn nothing and we'll do it all again later. [EOTP]
- Canada's win was expected, if not demanded, but they had to have some drama anyway. Habs and Bruins hugging, dogs and cats living together. Mass hysteria! [Nat'l Post]
- Did you enjoy the World Cup? Good, because it won't ever look like this again. [Sportsnet]
- Tobias Rieder's agent thinks the Coyotes should just trade his client because they don't want to give him a pretty reasonable deal. [The Hockey News]
- Worlds collide as the great Russian Machine Never Breaks sponsors a NASCAR racer. Lighthouse Hockey is currently in talks to sponsor a Pinewood Derby car, but we can't find any Cub Scouts that are Islanders fans.
If you think you're getting state secrets out of Travis Hamonic, you've got another thing coming, Rangers propaganda machine.