The Islanders’ next preseason game is against the Capitals on Saturday night in Bridgeport. Game 2 of the World Cup of Hockey Finals is Thursday night.
- If you missed either of the Islanders split squad games last night, you didn't really miss anything. [LHH]
- Jaroslav Halak looked good again, but Canada still took Game 1 of the World Cup of Hockey Finals. [LHH]
- Shane Prince and Alan Quine might have been playoff regulars, but they're still fighting for roster spots. [Newsday]
- IslesBlog has the scoop that the Islanders' upcoming radio announcement is that they're coming to WFAN this season. This is kind of a big thing.
- Joshua Ho-Sang can hear opportunity knocking (even if it's in the AHL). [IPB]
- The New York Times sets the scene for the upcoming season.
- Yesterday morning, a tweet from MSG Network urged viewers to keep an eye out for Islanders forward Jimmy Vesey. Wait what. [LHH]
- Arthur Staple is putting his sanity on the line and starting a regular mailbag feature for Newsday.com.
- Caveman Andrew Shaw wasted no time in throwing a questionable hit in a game for the Canadiens. [PHT]
- Brad Marchand is better than you think and his big deal in Boston is a good one for the Bruins. [Boston Globe]
- Chicago's Artemi Panarin wants a big deal of his own. [SCH]
- Team North America was a ton of fun to watch. Don't expect a team to play like that in the NHL for a long time. [Sun Times]
- TNA goalie Matt Murray isn't happy about his broken hand, though. [Puck Daddy]
- A patch honoring Gordie Howe will be worn by the Red Wings this season. [WIIM]
- The NHL will celebrate its 100th anniversary next year with all kinds of cool stuff, including a traveling museum bus with John Tavares' mug on the side. [NHL.com]
Russian Machine goes Fire Joe Morgan on a stupid article by Pierre LeBrun about the Crosby-Ovechkin horse that died years ago but keeps getting beaten over and over again.