Islanders preseason action starts tonight in Brooklyn versus the (or at least some portion of the) Flyers. Game time is 7 pm and tickets are still available. I don’t think its being streamed anywhere but if it is, we’ll let you know.
There's some other sort of clash happening off Hempstead Turnpike tonight as well. It's not a hockey game, though, FYI.
Until tonight then, there are topics:
- At least one Islander (or possibly two) are coming home as World Cup of Hockey champions, as Jaroslav Halak, Thomas Greiss and Team Europe have made the final against John Tavares and Team Canada. [LHH | PHT on Halak magic | Puck Daddy on Halak v. Carey]
- Andrew Ladd talks about what drew him to the Islanders and, once again, it includes learning that there are human lifeforms beyond the Marriott. [Compton at NHL.com]
- Jonathan Willis looks at what players teams might lose in the expansion draft and determines that the Islanders are, objectively speaking, fucked. [Bleacher Report]
- There are going to be a lot of takers for Jacob Trouba and WIIM argues the Red Wings should be the ones to take him.
- During a scrimmage at training camp, Clarke MacArthur suffered another concussion after an absolutely idiotic hit from a prospect. MacArthur is trying to make it back to the NHL after terrible head injuries. Poor guy. [Sportsnet | SSS]
- Tobias Rieder, who's also currently on Team Europe, won't report to Coyotes training camp when the tournament wraps up. [AZ Central]
- Before the game tonight, catch up on how the Flyers spent their summer vacations, i.e. who was in the gym and who was in front of their PS4. [BSH]