It's the Friday before Labor Day. Whether you have a half day or full, may your extended weekend start quickly.
- Thomas Greiss and Jaroslav Halak are ready and geared up for the World Cup. [Islanders]
- The World Cup uniform numbers are out and John Tavares will once again don his international preference, No. 20. [NHL.com]
- Congrats to the Baileys
Oh, and Josh and Megan Bailey had a boy, named Wyatt, on Aug. 18. Chris Bailey, Josh's dad, is an avid hunter. He already bought camo PJs.— Arthur Staple (@StapeNewsday) September 1, 2016
- Unlock Bob Nystrom in EA Sports NHL 17 by collecting a bunch of in-game Islanders items. [EA Sports]
- Matt Martin is no longer an Islander and his flow is no longer sick. [PPP]
- Whattaya think, Cal?
Have to admit, strange seeing Matt Martin without the flow. "His head looks 10 times bigger," Clutterbuck said.— Arthur Staple (@StapeNewsday) September 1, 2016
- Martin's Poker Tournament is just days away and newly-added guests include Rick DiPietro, Pat LaFontaine and Long Islander Mike Komisarek. If Rick shows up in that paisley jacket, find another table. It's magic.
- Another Long Islander - Selden's Chris Stemke, who played for the Jr. Islanders and went to Stony Brook - will attend camp for the ECHL's Elmira Jackals.
- Henrik Zetterberg is out of the World Cup due to an injury. Calgary's Mikael Backlund will play in his stead. [WIIM]
- Apparently, Sidney Crosby would like to keep the Stanley Cup for another year. [SI.com]
- Devils prospect Ben Johnson was found guilty of sexual assault and the team is in the process of terminating his contract. [AATJ]
- Lou Lamoriello and the Leafs enter Year Two more comfortable with each other. Easy for them to say. Ask Matt Martin's hair. [NHL.com]