- Matt Bertani was once a young hockey player in Pittsburgh, dreaming of the NHL. Now, he's a valued member of the Islanders off-ice staff. [Post-Gazette]
- Catching up with Josh Bailey who is anticipating the next NHL season and his first as a dad. [Islanders]
- WFAN's Peter Schwartz comes to grips with the Islanders and Nassau Coliseum break-up.
- This week was the anniversary of the Flyers' founding and some of the proposed names back in 1967 were far out, man. [Flyers]
- Logan Couture on the five defenseman that give him nightmares, including one on his own team. [Players Trib]
- The Hockey PDOCast talks about the Shea Weber-P.K. Subban trade you may have heard of.
- August is usually a dead time for hockey news, except for these five events. [DGB at THN]
- George McPhee has a lot of shit to do to get his Las Vegas front office team together. [SI.com]
- The NWHL teams are changing up their jerseys for season two, and you can vote for your favorites. [SCOC]
- Who is Nello Ferrara? The most interesting man in hockey with a Hockey DB page like no other. BizNasty says so and Pensburgh compiles his story.
- The Olympics finally, officially kick off today which means it's time for Katie Ledecky - niece of Islanders co-owner Jon - to take the pools by storm. [SBN]
Haven't had a song in a while. Kind of in a Van Halen mood. I'm usually in a Van Halen mood.