Islanders stuff (er, sorta)
- Here's your TV schedule for the World Cup of Hockey that is still happening this September. [LHH]
- Buy into the Matt Martin charity poker tournament and pal around with current Islanders. [Matt Martin Hockey]
- Mathew Barzal was among the first to model Team Canada's new uniforms for the WJC and other tournaments. [Sportsnet]
- As seen yesterday via EOTP honcho Marc, Anthony Beauvillier took a blow to the head in Team Canada's World Junior summer showcase game against Finland yesterday, but he seemed to be okay. Canada lost the game, 2-1.
- Avalanche captain Gabriel Landeskog gets serious about concussions and urges the NHL to as well. [Players Trib]
- Why isn't the NHL as creative as it used to be? Blame the 1996 Panthers, among other factors. [TSS]
- The nuts and bolts of AHL contracts. [EOTP]
- While P.K. Subban goes on a speaking tour of every city, town and village in Quebec and Tennessee, Shea Weber still hasn't checked out his new city at all. Hm. [PHT]
- The Oilers hired some new front office dudes with connections to their old players. [Edm. Jour.]
- So, like, who is actually going to watch this new Las Vegas team play live? [Review Journal]
- Batten down the hatches: Trevor Gillies is back, this time with the Capitals ECHL affiliate, the South Carolina Stingrays.