Islanders prospects will play Flyers prospects in a game at Northwell Health Ice Center's newly-named Al Arbour Rink on September 21st. Click here for tickets but act quickly. Those Flyers fans travel well, even for scrimmages.
- Some of the memories and kind words from Islanders alumni, management and players heard at Monday's Al Arbour memorial. There's never enough of this. [Islanders]
- The ceremony was a reminder about what makes us keep coming back to this team again and again. [Eyes on Isles]
- Could the Islanders be a surprise team in the Metro? Craig Custance of ESPN seems to think so. [Point Blank]
- Mathew Barzal (and other rookies) aren't ready to hand the Calder Trophy to Auston Matthews just yet. [Nat'l Post]
- Down Goes Brown puts John Tavares on his list of unhateable NHL stars, but asks if he's boring. He totally is boring - except when he's taking a piss on Toronto.
- Thomas Greiss's World Cup mask is artsy and international
- It's now pronounced "Churchman" in Manitoba, too, as Kevin Czuczman signs with the Moose of the AHL.
- The Hurricanes are bringing noted super villain Raffi Torres in on a PTO because they want to watch the world burn. No, the News & Observer doesn't get it either.
- Carolina also signed GM Ron Francis to an extension, despite the puzzling aforementioned decision. [Canes Country]
- Wanna play for the Long Island Nets of the NBA D-League? Sign up for tryouts here. Good luck out there, Kareem.