- Today is the memorial service for Al Arbour, who passed away a year ago yesterday, to be held at Northwell Health Ice Center at 11:30 am. It'll no doubt be an emotional experience for anyone there, especially Arbour's former players who are expected to attend. If you're there, please relay your stories and feelings. And remember you can donate to the Center for Dementia Research by buying any of our t-shirts.
- Islanders massage therapist Jim Miccio has lived quite a hockey adventure. And at 66, the Connecticut native isn't slowing down. [CT Post]
- Captain America made a stop outside Barclays Center to ward off any super villains or Hydra agents that might be lurking around Brooklyn.
- Congrats to Mr. and Mrs. Alex and Nastya Ovechkin, who were married yesterday. I love how the CBC story can't help but get in plenty of digs at Ovechkin's continuing lack of playoff success.
- It's time for a new volume of Rob Vollman's Stat Shot book and WIIM has a review.
- St. Cloud State goalie Katie Fitzgerald has signed with the Riveters. [SBN CH]
- The Raw Charge] is right around the corner. Is it a Woo Hoo! or Who? for you? [
- Sarah from Five For Howling pens a heartfelt letter to LGBT athletes based on her own experiences. [Bloggers Tribune]