Friday was National Dog Day and more than a few Islanders had four-legged friends to celebrate:
Scott Mayfield (@scottmayfield2) August 26, 2016
Anders Lee (@leeberr09) August 26, 2016
Ryan Pulock (@rpulock) August 26, 2016
Actual Islanders news (I guess)
- The team named Chris Lamoriello Director of Player Personnel. Whether or not he hates facial hair as much as his dad remains to be seen. [LHH | Islanders | Newsday]
- Can you skate and shovel snow? Then join the Islanders Ice Crew.
- This CCM app is GUARANTEED* to make you as good as John Tavares, Sidney Crosby and Connor McDavid. (*-not even close)
- An excellent interview with Marc Savard about his complicated life after hockey. [SCoC]
- The Oilers are next on PPP's Why Your Team Sucks list, which is also excellent but for a different reason.
- I had some Zeitgeist-y fun with the Coyotes and their many phantom cap hits.
- Rangers fans hope that busy GM Jeff Gorton isn't done making deals. [BSB]
Here's the trailer for the upcoming Ice Guardians documentary, which premiers in Toronto on Sept. 12. Clark Gillies and Zenon Konopka are two of the many interviewees and there's tons of Sound Tigers action. [IndieWire. And thanks to whoever posted this in yesterday's comments]