- Corey "Shutdown Line" Sznajder looks at the Islanders-Lightning series in exhaustive detail. Almost as exhausting as the Islanders performance in their own zone in that series. [The Energy Line]
- John Tavares rests more, the defense needs to do more and the roster can hold no more, according to Arthur Staple's notes column. [Newsday]
- The Hockey Writers prognosticates Jason Chimera's first season with the Islanders.
- Devon Toews and some Quinnipiac teammates hit the Newington pro hockey camp. [Central CT]
- The Saginaw Spirit has a new part owner - former Islanders assistant GM Jim Devellano. [Our Midland]
- More on how Dawn Braid became a skating coach to NHL stars like John Tavares. Includes a mention of Laura Stamm, who famously helped Bobby Nystrom with his skating back in the 70's. [AZ Central]
- A reminder that the Al Arbour tribute at Northwell Health Ice Center is on Monday. [Instagram]
- Michael Dal Colle and Team Seguin are champions of the BioSteel Camp:
Other Teams Doing Things
- Arizona has struck again, acquiring a cap hit and a prospect from a team looking to clear room. The Coyotes get broken and expensive Dave Bolland and prospect Lawson Crouse for a couple of picks from Florida. [FFH]
- The Avalanche have a new coach - Jared Bednar, formerly of the AHL champion Lake Erie Monsters. [MHH]
- The Rangers bargain bin Summer continues, this time with Brandon Pirri. [BSB]
- PPP starts their Why Your Team Sucks series with... their own team.
- Mike Babcock and his chin are ready for the World Cup. [NHL.com]
- Shocking: Pavel Datsyuk remains good, even in the KHL. [CBS Sports]
- Wanna see NWHL games for free and help the league out? Become a game day volunteer today.
- 25 years ago, the Super Nintendo was released. SBN writers remember four great sports games, only one of which is an actual sport. Guess no one remembered Bill Laimbeer's Combat Basketball?