- How do you think the Islanders goaltending situation will shake out this season? A little from Column A, a little from Column B or screw it, just give us the Poo Poo Platter (hold the poo, please)? Take our survey here.
- What starts as another Jon and Katie Ledecky article gives way to some interesting info on the players like Anders Lee being inspired by Katie's Olympics and Jon's feelings on what it means to be an NHL owner. A cool read. [Islanders]
- Ozzyfan takes a couple of good looks at two Russian prospects, Ilya Sorokin and Anatoli Golyshev. [FanPost]
- John Tavares is No. 13 in NHL 17's overall ratings. If you think that's incorrect, wait until you see some of the others.. [EA Sports]
- Michael Fornabaio gets even deeper into the Sound Tigers schedule. [CT Post]
- The Missouri Mavericks have entered into a partnership with the St. Louis Blues but they still remain the Islanders full time ECHL affiliate. [Mavs]
- Hi. Hockey Hall of Famer Clark Gillies here. Buy Islanders season tickets or I'll find you and beat the shit out of you.
- Cody Ceci signs a two-year contract with the Senators. [SSS]
- No Move and No Trade Clauses make building an NHL roster is tricky, tricky business. [TSN.ca]
- The Wild finally did something cool: they're making Prince's Let's Go Crazy their regular goal song. [SBN]
- Here are Bob and Doug Mackenzie for Pizza Hut. [Retroist]
- RIP Steven Hill, the one-and-only DA Adam Schiff from Law & Order. Not a day goes by that I don't grumble some Schiff-ian catchphrase at someone. Frankly, I'm still not over Jerry Orbach's passing yet. Remember: Make a deal. [NY Times]