- The Islanders will hold a special tribute to Al Arbour at Northwell Health Ice Center on August 29th on the one-year anniversary of his passing. Tickets are available now but surely will go fast. Lots of special guests will also attend. RSVP Today. [LHH | Islanders | NHL.com]
- Shameless Plug: Our Al Arbour tribute shirts are now and forever available at our t-shirt store, with proceeds always going directly to the Center for Dementia Research.
- Kieffer Bellows had two goals and three assists in Team USA's 8-2 rout of Finland at the Junior Team Evaluation Camp. [USA Hockey]
- And you can watch more of Bellows with your own eyes on NHL Network, which will air the final games of the camp. Live hockey in August. [USA Hockey]
- Barclays Center has hired former Canadiens COO Kevin Gilmore as a consultant for the Islanders. I think. The story is en francais from Journal de Montreal.
- Anthony Weiner takes time out of the Democratic National Convention to talk Islanders and hockey. [FiveThirtyEight]
- In a surprise move, the Coyotes waived longtime center Antoine Vermette to clear some room with a buyout. He's not really that good anymore, so don't expect him to come to Brooklyn. [FFH]
- Skyonair at Stanley Cup of Chowder gives her impressions of the NHL 17 open beta.
- In a great move (for me, anyway), the New York Riveters will relocate to the Devils practice facility for next season. The Barnabas Health Hockey House is right next to the Prudential Center and is much more accessible via mass transit than Aviator Events is in Brooklyn. If you didn't get a chance to watch an NHWL game last year, now's the time. [TSS]
- NEW! P.K. Subban hosted the charity Just For Laughs Gala in Montreal and (in addition to raising money for the Montreal Childrens Hospital) took some hilarious jabs at the Canadiens, Marc Bergevin and Michel Therrien. But it was all in good fun, right, P.K.? Uh, P.K... [CBC]