Hey hey, what do you say, have you signed Jimmy Vesey today?
John Tavares just keeps saying cool things. The latest interview covered a range of topics, from the commute (it's fine), Matt Martin's impact, and bad ice...in Toronto. [LHH | Sportsnet]
- The Isles are finding inspiration in the new owner's niece's absolute domination at the Olympics. [NHL]
- JD Power's "Fan Experience Study" had some interesting findings with New York sports teams. [LHH]
- Want to be an Ice Crew team member? Apply here. [recruitment site]
- Matt Martin can count on five current Islanders for his charity poker tournament. [Twitter] Get tickets to the charity event here.
- In case you missed it, a cool catch-up with Travis Hamonic. [Isles]
- Darius Kasparaitis' life. (Do you need any other reason to click?) [THW]
- Former Isles goalie coach "Sudsie" Maharaj is the new goaltending coach in Anaheim, replacing former Isle Dwayne Roloson. [Ducks]
Oh, and practically everyone is "in" on NCAA free agent Jimmy Vesey.
Leafs, Isles, Pens, Devils scheduled to meet with Jimmy Vesey & his reps today, I'm told.— Mark Divver (@MarkDivver) August 16, 2016
Told Islanders are right in contention for Jimmy Vesey with other finalists. Close to home. Good fit with young forwards.— Chris Botta (@ChrisBottaNHL) August 16, 2016
Bruins meeting with Jimmy Vesey & Co. on Wed. afternoon/evening to be held @ team's brand-new practice facility, Warrior Arena, in Brighton.— Mark Divver (@MarkDivver) August 17, 2016
- The Hockey PDOcast is back! Great episode on broadcasts, analytics' evolution (and pushback) in front offices, Vegas' expansion approach. [Hockeypdocast]
- Carey Price is "100 percent ready" for the World Cup, which must make Habs fans both excited and nervous. [Sportsnet]
- Remembering the time when the Red Wings went to jail. To play pirates. [NHL Numbers]
- Check Out The New Suiting Collection By Designer P.K. Subban [On the Forecheck]
- Daniel Alfredsson's number shall be retired in Ottawa. [Silver Seven]
- Science says you shouldn't believe anything Gary Bettman says about science. [PPP]