Do you like to write about hockey? Would you like to entertain us on the regular? If you're interested in helping out with the morning bits, or game coverage, drop us a line at lighthousehockey [at] the gmail dot com. We're filling out our coverage plans for 2016-17 and are looking for a few good women. Or men.
If you can find some Islanders news, you are welcome to post it (or manufacture it) here. For now all we got is tweets.
Ryan Strome (@strome18) August 15, 2016
Head Coach Brent Thompson and his 2 sons Tage & Tyce participated in a charity hockey game at Wonderland of Ice! pic.twitter.com/Zj90WZWAci— The Sound Tigers (@TheSoundTigers) August 14, 2016
- A little more about that last one here. [CT Post]
- Also, good results from that charity fundraiser featuring Jon Sim and Andrew MacDonald, who you may (probably) didn't like as Islanders but you can at least concede they're good dudes. [NG News]
Beyond Islanders Tweets
An agent angles to drum up activity for his client:
Antoine Vermette has received 5 offers from NHL teams and will be making a decision on the various offers by Monday.— Allan Walsh (@walsha) August 13, 2016
- Oh, and so does another. It's Jimmy Vesey Day across the NHL (the Nashville NCAA draft pick, since traded to Buffalo, becomes a free agent tonight), and the agent has been pressing all the buttons. [Post | Yahoo]
- If you are dreaming of Kucherov, I mean good luck, he's just another RFA in the same situation as unsigned Ryan Strome. [Raw Charge]
- Noting this "we redrew the NHL logos as soccer crests" only because they made poor Anaheim look like Tottenham's Pigeon Badge F.C. logo. [Sportsnet Bar Down]
- Continuing a series, weird things from Florida Panthers lore. [Puck Daddy]
- Look, it's mid-August so of course we're going to talk about some preseason KHL "save of the year candidate." [Puck Daddy]