It's August, a hot month that's generally not a hot time for hockey news. Put the AC on and settle in.
- Anders Lee talks about his recovery, his summer and his new clothing line. [Islanders]
- Lee is one of a few Islanders participating in the first ever offseason Da Beauty League in Minnesota. Everyone be careful, please. [NHL.com]
- Noel at The Hockey Writers painstakingly breaks down every trade Garth Snow has ever made. Darryl Bootland for Matt Keith remains a hugely controversial move.
- A fight over money is brewing between the Sound Tigers and the former mayor that says he built their arena. [CT Post $ub$criber$ Only]
- Congrats to Mr. and Mrs. Brock Nelson on their wedding. Pic via Sydney Esiason's Instagram. Clearly there is no offseason for Nick Leddy's beard.
- The Avalanche and defenseman Tyson Barrie settled their arbitration dispute with a four-year contract worth $5.5 million a season. [MHH]
- Rumor has it that Sam Gagner could land in Columbus, like, now. [Cannon]
Johnny Gaudreau likes hockey, hates contract talks. [Sportsnet]
- Oilers defenseman Oskar Klefbom throws shade at former teammate Taylor Hall, although there might be a lost in translation thing going on here. [NBC Sports]
- Seriously, what is Ken Holland doing with the Red Wings? [WIIM]
- Arctic Ice Hockey handicaps some of the choices for currently captainless clubs.