- As expected, Dom's tribute to Frans Nielsen is required reading and nails exactly what made the underappreciated Dane so great.
- Meanwhile, special guest Keith and I talked about the new guys as Mike searches for meaning in a Frans-less world. [Islanders Anxiety]
- Eyes on Isles pens a heartfelt letter to Kyle Okposo, who made fans everywhere.
- On his SIRIUSXM NHL interview, Garth Snow said he plans on starting negotiations with John Tavares on a contract extension next summer. Smart idea. [Daily News | IPB]
- I talked to the always fun Arctic Ice Hockey guys on one of their podcasts about Andrew Ladd and the newest Winnipeg Jet, Brian Strait.
- A trio of Junior Islanders got to participate in last week's prospect camp. Nice work, kids. [JuniorHockey.com]
- One of those kids was 20-year-old Jack Riley, a 6-3, 200 pound forward from the same hometown as the man who invited him to camp, Garth Snow. [Sun Chronicle]
- Michael Dal Colle is ready to turn the page and take on his biggest offseason yet. [NHL.com]
- SI.com previews the Metro Division on July 8th because why not.
- Russian Machine bids a fond farewell to Jason Chimera, the man known as the "Ice Cheetah."
- Super good guy Shane Prince stops by a kids hospital to brighten some days.
- (Shane, dude, you might want to change the number in that Twitter handle one of these days)
News of Note
- Mark Scheifele chooses to stay in Winnipeg for the next eight years at a quality price. [AIH]
- And Nathan MacKinnon re-ups for seven years in Colorado. [MHH]
- The Leafs' Jonathan Bernier era comes to an end, with the goalie shipped off to Anaheim for a conditional pick. [NHL.com | Toronto didn't trade Bernier for Frederik Andersen because of the former's signing bonus, per PPP]
- Vladimir Sobotka could return to St. Louis from his KHL sojourn. [St.L GT]
- But this is official: Pavel Datsyuk is a KHLer now, signing with CKA. [WIIM]
- The P.K. Subban trade made kids at Montreal Children's Hospital cry. Jesus Christ. [Montreal Gazette]