- Matt Carkner officially retires, per his Facebook page. Michael Fornabaio says Carkner will remain with the Sound Tigers in some capacity. Congrats on a long career, dude.
- When you're 37, every team is a young team. Still, Jason Chimera says nice things about his new co-workers. [LHH]
- PAP is back, baby! and on the Point Blank Podcast.
- Would a Dennis Wideman-Josh Bailey trade make sense for both the Islanders and Flames? Take it up with HockeyGoalieEh. [M&G]
- So far, the Islanders' summer moves have gotten a big fat "meh" from the anonymous NHL execs that talked to ESPN's Joe McDonald. Point Blank rebuts.
- Anders Lee is a likely rebound candidate for next season. [Eyes on Isles]
- Juha, got you all check! Penn State defenseman Jake Juha signs with Sound Tigers. [Onward State]
Around the NHL
- A few very important Lightning forwards have filed for arbitration. Now, we wait. [Raw Charge]
- The Sharks gave Mikkel Boedker a contract that violated the CBA, but they fixed it. [FTF]
- Oilers fans better make friends with Milan Lucic. He's gonna be there a while. [C&B]
- Meanwhile, Taylor Hall walks away from the team after they repeatedly failed him. [Edm. Jou.]
- Determining who does what in the neutral zone can help teams maximize effectiveness. [Hockey-Graphs]
- Letting go of Strombo won't fix Rogers' NHL viewership problems. [PPP]
- Wayne Simmonds didn't enjoy watching the Penguins win the Cup anymore than you did. [Sons of Penn]
- One-time wildman Theo Fleury has found a new and unlikely career path in country music. [SI.com]
Shane Prince talks to FOX Rochester about his fund raising beach hockey tournament happening this weekend, and shows off The Sandley Cup that was made by his dad. Great work, guys.