Okay. Barbecue's over. Clean up those empties and get back to work.
Islanders links (sorta)
- Many American Islanders were celebrating the Fourth of July this weekend, too. [Eyes on Isles]
- "Need" is very a strong word. But this thought had crossed my mind at the time of his buyout: Is it Eric Nystrom time? [The Hockey Writers]
- Ex-Islanders stuff: Not sure who still needed convincing, but that Matt Martin contract might be a problem for the Leafs. [PPP] | Blueshirt Banter takes a long look at new Ranger (ugh) Michael Grabner | Marc-Andre Cliche moves from the Sound Tigers to the Marlies. [Sportsnet]
- Unsinkable Mason Raymond surfaces again, this time in Anaheim. [OC Register]
- Music City and electric P.K. Subban are gonna be a good match. [Tennessean]
- The annual Ivan Hlinka Tournament is right around the corner and Team USA has a roster. [SBN CH]
- Before the season, a bunch of SBN hockey writers were asked to predict division winners, conference winners and award winners. I'll give you one guess who the biggest idiot among them all was? (Well, second biggest, I guess. I finished better than the robot. And congrats to Ari, the big winner).
Who doesn't love bloopers? Relive the majestic struggle of Jean-Francois Berube trying to give a fan a post-game puck and the Barclays Center glass having other ideas.