- Arthur Staple had a Twitter Q&A yesterday that didn't reveal all that much but was informative nonetheless (he also did the RT thing which makes embedding messy). Here's his profile. You can just scroll down.
- The best part was when a question about Calvin de Haan's "fat footedness" was re-directed to the man himself and he responded with a sick burn, cementing his rep as the team's current social media star.
- A short Q&A with Casey Cizikas about his summer, his new contract and working the teammate wedding circuit. [Islanders]
- Team statistician Eric Hornick talks to The Hockey Writers about a myriad of Islanders topics.
- Clark Gillies stopped by Cohen's Childrens Hospital to brighten some days with his inherent awesomeness. [Newsday video | The LaFontaine seal of approval]
- The Sound Tigers have a new play-by-play man in Alan Fuehring, formerly of the Greenville Swamp Rabbits. What does this mean for Phil Giublileo?
- The dudes who operate Barclays Center are also gonna be the dudes who run the (eventual) new Nassau Coliseum. [Newsday]
- Eric Boulton wasn't the only Islander at Fort Bragg this week. Thomas Greiss is also on hand to teach some military families the finer points of goaltending.
Children of military families hit the ice for hockey camp with Thomas Greiss & Eric Boulton at #FortBragg! #Isles pic.twitter.com/BkN12Vlo4z— New York Islanders (@NYIslanders) July 28, 2016
- There are a lot of things keeping the Lightning from trading Ben Bishop to [whichever fanbase wants him the most]. [Raw Charge]
- Noted "pest" Max Lapierre gets a tryout from the Rangers. [BSB]
- The Devils signed wayward first rounder Brandon Gormley to a bargain contract. [AATJ]
- The Oilers promise to have a captain in time for the season. Maybe it will be you! [NHL.com]
- Austrian Michaels Grabner and Raffl are ready to qualify for the Olympics. [IIHF.com]
- John Tavares is already finalist for the Hall of Fame! Um, that's the National Lacrosse League Hall of Fame. And that's the elder John Tavares. [Buffalo News]