- Arthur Staple had a Twitter Q&A yesterday that didn't reveal all that much but was informative nonetheless (he also did the RT thing which makes embedding messy). Here's his profile. You can just scroll down.
- The best part was when a question about Calvin de Haan's "fat footedness" was re-directed to the man himself and he responded with a sick burn, cementing his rep as the team's current social media star.
- A short Q&A with Casey Cizikas about his summer, his new contract and working the teammate wedding circuit. [Islanders]
- Team statistician Eric Hornick talks to The Hockey Writers about a myriad of Islanders topics.
- Clark Gillies stopped by Cohen's Childrens Hospital to brighten some days with his inherent awesomeness. [Newsday video | The LaFontaine seal of approval]
- The Sound Tigers have a new play-by-play man in Alan Fuehring, formerly of the Greenville Swamp Rabbits. What does this mean for Phil Giublileo?
- The dudes who operate Barclays Center are also gonna be the dudes who run the (eventual) new Nassau Coliseum. [Newsday]
- Eric Boulton wasn't the only Islander at Fort Bragg this week. Thomas Greiss is also on hand to teach some military families the finer points of goaltending.
- There are a lot of things keeping the Lightning from trading Ben Bishop to [whichever fanbase wants him the most]. [Raw Charge]
- Noted "pest" Max Lapierre gets a tryout from the Rangers. [BSB]
- The Devils signed wayward first rounder Brandon Gormley to a bargain contract. [AATJ]
- The Oilers promise to have a captain in time for the season. Maybe it will be you! [NHL.com]
- Austrian Michaels Grabner and Raffl are ready to qualify for the Olympics. [IIHF.com]
- John Tavares is already finalist for the Hall of Fame! Um, that's the National Lacrosse League Hall of Fame. And that's the elder John Tavares. [Buffalo News]