We eagerly await to find out who else the Islanders have also been talking to about a new arena. Maybe today it'll be Suffolk County or Staten Island or the Walt Whitman Mall. Until then, go outside.
- I wrote a lot about the Islanders exploring a move to Willets Point in Queens.
- Later, I talked to Marc Majeau on TSN 1260 in Edmonton about that and other Islanders topics. [Audio]
- And not five minutes after we finished the interview, Newsday ran a story about the team also talking with Belmont Park about the prospects of an arena there. It's been a fun two days. [LHH]
- Meanwhile in actual roster news, Eric Boulton is once again back on a two-way deal which means more Bridgeport time and maybe a Matt Carkner-like mentor role. [LHH | Soundin' Off]
- That hip strain will keep Mathew Barzal out of Canada's World Junior camp. He'll still be good for Islanders' camp, though. [NHL.com]
- Anders Lee will need to be more consistent next season than he was in 2015-16. Not having a broken leg might help. [TSS]
- Arthur Staple discusses the Islanders and music on the ChinMusic Podcast. [SoundCloud]
- One Islanders move story we know is happening: Johnny Boychuk's historic Garden City house will be demolished after efforts to move it failed. [Newsday]
Other Non-Relocation Stuff
- Bridge contracts may be dead but teams can take advantage of their demise. [Bleacher Report]
- The Rangers kept Chris Kreider and Kevin Hayes in the fold with new deals. They're still tight to the cap, though. [BSB on Kreider and on Hayes]
- Evander Kane turned himself in and was arrested on charges of trespassing and criminal harassment. [DBTB | Buffalo News]
- Montrealers will need a while to get over the Canadiens trading P.K. Subban. [Vice Sports]
- Habs fans will have to settle for small, rat-like creature Bobby Farnham to fill the void. [EOTP]