Meet the new arena story, same as the old arena story (but not as the old areener story).
Why Don't You Just GIVE THEM the Queen(s)?
- Yesterday's breathtaking story was Bloomberg being the first to say "no really, the Islanders owners have discussed building an arena in Queens with the Mets." [LHH rundown | Bloomberg original | Newsday adds sources | Puck Daddy]
- On Queens, it wouldn't be a Post story if the lead wasn't hyperbole. They also mention Elmont as an option.
- Also on that topic, Brian Compton of nhl.com among the guests on WOR 710 Sports Zone. [WOR]
- IslesBlog podcast discusses the story with the author. [SoundCloud]
- Meanwhile, the new Nassau Coliseum is going to be totally "best in class," if you're class includes "not big enough for a major sports team" [Amp]
- NBC released its initial NHL schedule, and the Islanders should be on NBCSN six times or so. [LHH | Isles]
- Ex-Islander and Oklahoman Matt Donovan hopped the ocean and signed with Frolunda (chees). [Frolunda]
Neither Queens nor NBC
- Brooks on Chris Kreider's arbitration hearing today. [Post]
- Black Knights has the odds for Vegas' expansion name; other candidates are bizarre. [THN]
- The elaborate reason the NHL fired the "independent" arbitrator who lowered the suspension for Dennis Wideman. [Puck Daddly]
- Radko Gudas: He's not all bad! [BSH]
- Voting for the best and worst trades in Habs history. [HEOTP]
- Creating the expansion draft rules was a long, elaborate process. [TSS]
- Having fun with those Auston Matthews to KHL rumors. [PPP] (He signed his ELC by the way)
- Hmm, the Canucks are chasing improvement? [Puck Daddy]