The Penguins won to go up 3-1 in the series in San Jose with the chance to clinch at home in their proper unis. Go read about it elsewhere if you must. But feel free to mourn/celebrate/talk about it here.
- Jaroslav Halak's hernia/abdominal surgery reportedly went well, and he intends to play in the World Cup. [Sportsnet]
- Dan asked what many of us have: What was up with Johnny Boychuk this season? [LHH]
- Maybe we needn't pine for Johnny's rockets, because Ryan Pulock's on the rise. [Isles]
- Here's audio of Arthur Staple discussing the Isles with Illegal Curve of Winnipeg.
- For the latest morsel in our Top 25 Under 25, I'll order the Verhaeghe. [LHH]
- The Sound Tigers signed another Quinnipiac product, and Brett Gallant returned from his health scare to inch closer to the Calder Cup. [Soundin' Off]
- What will the Islanders do at the NHL draft? [THW]
- This Chicago bank is accused of enabling the fraud scheme that ensnared Bryan Berard and Michael Peca. [Daily News]
- Like Kyle Okposo, Milan Lucic seems bound for free agency on July 1 thanks to the cap (AND ISN'T THAT TERRIBLE, LARRY BROOKS? ERMIGOD HOW DARE THE NHL CHOOSE PARITY OVER DYNASTIES?) (Sorry.) [NHL | LA Kings Insider]
- An Oilers media guy adds more gas to the fiery thought that they might trade Ryan Nugent-Hopkins or Taylor Hall. [OilOnWhyte]
- The NHL.com's mock drafters are at it again. [NHL]
- Those who saved AHL hockey in Springfield (by stealing it from Portland) are all jazzed up. [MassLive]
- Understanding the distribution of scoring among forwards across the league. [PPP]
- About Black Aces, a timeless playoff topic. [Times]
- Our HockeyGoalieEh explains why the Flames are hamstrung by bad contracts. [M&G]
- The Leafs are likely to lose TJ Brennan to the KHL. [NBC Sports]
- Touching story about Peter DeBoer and his longtime assistant. [Toronto Sun]
- The NWHL commissioner talks about the "scandalous" offseason. [Puck Daddy]
- Breaking down the World Cup rosters by cap hit. [WIIM]
- Are the Rangers alluring enough to draw the latest hot hot hot college free agent NEW YORK MEDIA WANTS TO KNOW YO. [Post]
In case you missed it, here's Metallica delivering the national anthem before Game 4.
METALLICA https://t.co/s6YCjX2IEG— NHL on NBC (@NHLonNBCSports) June 7, 2016