The NHL schedule will be released later today, so prepare thyself for any number of injustices, annoyances and conspiracies based on who the Islanders will play when.
Update: Not quite:
Slight adjustment: NHL home openers will be announced today at noon. Full schedule tomorrow.— Arthur Staple (@StapeNewsday) June 20, 2016
- Father's Day Fun from the Islanders: Tage Thompson is set for a big weekend with Sound Tigers coach Brent strictly in proud papa mode. | Cal Clutterbuck likes to spend days with his kids to make up for all the time he spends away.
- Michael Dal Colle's talent puts him in the Top 5 of our Top 25 Under 25, but his up-and-down season leaves many questions.
- The Blackhawks have apparently signed NCAA star Nick Schmaltz out of North Dakota. Pierre McGuire is already making room in his on-air trivia database for him. [SCH | SBN CH]
- Brooksie says the way to build a champion is to make it up as you go along. Also, he hears different things about Frans Nielsen than Arthur Staple does.
- Pavel Datsyuk is still going to Russia and All About The Jersey thinks the Devils should pick up his phantom cap hit.
- The NWHL held their second entry draft and Princeton defender Kelsey Koezler went first overall to the New York Riveters. [SI.com]
- The Toronto Star reports that Ron MacLean will be replacing George Stroumboulopoulos as Hockey Night in Canada host. Despite never being able to spell his full last name, I enjoyed Strobo's work and thought he was a new, interesting voice. But I'm an American, so my opinion on Hockey Night carries about as much weight as the Canadian dollar.