Game 3 of the Stanley Cup Final is Saturday, so prepare for 72 hours of (probably) nothing.
- The Bracken will not be released, and instead be retained for another year. [LHH]
- Jesse Graham is 25! (on our Top 25 Under 25). [LHH]
- More Seattle Thunderbirds moments mean more Mathew Barzal. [My Northwest]
- Conor Sheary's OT goal gave the Penguins a 2-0 lead in the series going back to San Jose. [SBN]
- Is Sidney Crosby a dirty face-off cheater? A couple of Sharks think so. [TSN.ca]
- Wait, that's not a puck! It's a very expensive camera lens! [SBN]
- The Cup final features two guys trying to re-write reputations they didn't really deserve in the first place. [The Ringer]
- Meanwhile, Brent Burns is like a hockey version of Bigfoot. [Puck Daddy]
- Down Goes Brown gives non-hockey fans the straight dope on hockey fans (who can be straight-up dopes). [The Guardian]
- The NHL-CHL Transfer Agreement continues to bedevil clubs and their big time prospects. [Bloggers Trib]
- Elliotte Friedman's 30 Thoughts are all over the place but focus on the rising stock of Matthew Tkachuk.
- Cliff Ronning, who was a great video game character and briefly an Islander, has a son named Ty who is quite a player himself. [NHL.com]
- Former Capital Stephen Peat has struggled with life after hockey, and his family fears the worst might happen. [NY Times]
- Hurricanes owner Peter Karmanos is being sued by his large adult sons. [Canes Country]
- The jersey ads are coming to the World Cup of Hockey. [Sportslogos]