By this time next week, we'll be starting the second day of the draft. Two weeks, the second day of free agency. It's all happening.
- Garth Snow made a rare appearance on SiriusXM NHL radio yesterday and talked about a number of topics, none of which were particularly revelatory. Saying he wishes Kyle Okposo, "the best of luck" doesn't sound very promising. [Audio via the Isles | Chris Nichols compiles some choice notes]
- Joshua Ho-Sang remains a fascinating figure that's inching closer to put-up or shut-up time. [LHH]
The team's site looks at some draft prospects you may have not heard of.
- Johnny Boychuk wants to build a new house. But his current one is listed as a historical site. This is an issue. [Newsday]
- ...and the Islanders Hit of the Year is... the one we all assumed it would be. [Islanders]
- Reminder from John Tavares: The NHL Awards Show is Wednesday.
Wait. There's More
- It's finally officially official: Former Stars coach Glen Gulutzan is now the head coach of the Flames. What's his deal? [Flames Nation]. Calgary's interview process was intense in a hilariously old school way. [SBN]
- Today at noon, the Red Wings will make an announcement to address the future of Pavel Datsyuk. Looks like he's going back to Russia. [WIIM]
- Agent Allan Walsh hates that 10-day negotiating period given to all UFAs between the draft and July 1. [TSS]
- Auston Matthews was once a kid growing up a Coyotes fan in Arizona. Now he's going to save the Maple Leafs. The Irony is delicious. [Globe n' Mail]
- Was this year's Stanley Cup Final boring? PPP investigates.
- Islanders fans are still tortured, but we're moving down the list. [Sports on Earth]
- You ever wonder why Cameron Frye wore a Gordie Howe jersey in Ferris Bueller's Day Off? It's deep, man. [Medium]