The SBN NHL Mock Draft finally gets to the Islanders today, and you can find out who we selected -- or is IT TRADED?! -- a little later this morning. I guarantee you'll be either totally elated or completely outraged.
- Jonathan Willis of the Edmonton Journal examines whether Kyle Okposo makes sense for the Oilers if John Tavares isn't coming with him.
- Adam Pelech could be an NHLer, beyond just having the same health scare that Steven Stamkos had. He's our No. 10.
- On Hahn & Humpty on MSG, Rick DiPietro talked about all the things he dreamed about when he signed his 15-year contract and how he ended up eating Jimmy Johns by himself after being waived. [LHH Video]
- The AHL champion Lake Erie Monsters had some battles with Bridgeport along the way to the Calder Cup. [CT Post]
- TRADE!! The Blackhawks finally dumped Bryan Bickell's contract off on someone, but it came at a steep price. They sent Bickell and promising Teuvo Teravainen to the Hurricanes for a couple of picks and cap space, which should allow them to sign a few more players. [SCH on the trade and the disturbing trend of trading away good young players]
- The buyout window opened with Maple Leafs defenseman Jared Cowan being put on waivers, just like we knew he was going to be for about four months. [Sportsnet]
- The Penguins had their Stanley Cup parade and Pensburgh has video and pictures and stuff. Phil Kessel also said he might bring the Cup back to Toronto, which is either a cool move or a total dick move. [SBN]
- The NHL is ready to gamble on Las Vegas. Good one, Globe & Mail.
- Hey, General Fanager has a new tool that lets you pick and choose who survives the expansion draft.
- Jim Britt grew up a die hard Flyers fan. He works as the Penguins' director of team operations. He now has a Stanley Cup, while his childhood team is still waiting for its next one. [Philly Mag]
- Important messages to remember for this busy season of trade rumors. Stay Woke. [PPP]
Mock drafting is hard work.