- Arthur Staple kicked off a busy June by answering some questions from Islanders fans on Twitter about trades, the draft, the UFAs and all kinds of stuff. [LHH]
- The Penguins can teach the Islanders and Rangers a lot about how champions are built. [NY Post]
- Young defenseman Parker Wotherspoon bursts on to the LHH T25U25 list, earning ice time, a fun nickname and comparison to the legendary Freddy Meyer.
- Does signing Milan Lucic make sense for the Islanders? Not necessarily. [TSS]
- The #IslesAwards voting is open and first up is hit of the year. Any vote cast for any hit other than Thomas Hickey on Jonathan Drouin is wrong.
- Can other NHL teams copy the Penguins' championship blueprint? [Globe n' Mail]
- Oilers fans come to grips with the phrase, "Justin Schultz, Champion." [C&B]
- Weird, but... okay: The Blues have named Mike Yeo associate coach, and he'll take over for Ken Hitchcock next season. [St.L GT]
- Meanwhile, the Ducks appear to be ready to name Randy Carlyle head coach again, to the delight of fans in Toronto. [TSN.ca]
- Friend of the blog Achariya writes about her heartbreak over the tragedy in her home of Orlando. [PPP]
- NHLers Rod Gilbert, Ron Francis, Mike Modano and Tyler Seguin pay tribute to Gordie Howe. [The Players Trib]
- Disappointing news about the Panthers using an artist's work and not giving him credit. [Battle of Cali gets serious]
- Aw, man. Dallas play-by-play man Dave Strader, one of the very best in the business, has cancer. Best of luck to him on a full and speedy recovery. [DBD]
- Columnist Steve Simmons says Phil Kessel would make a perfect acquisition for the Maple Leafs this summer. Waitwhat? [Zeitgeist]
- If you were planning on going to Winnipeg for the Heritage Classic between the Jets and Oilers in October, I hate to tell you this but tickets are stupid expensive. [AIH]