Good morning. Officially now, the season's over. Here come the shakeups.
- After basically standing pat last summer, the Isles face a pivotal summer for navigating free agents and the cap to keep moving forward. [NHL Numbers]
- Next up on our Top 25 Under 25 is fleet OHL defenseman Mitchell Vande Sompel, [LHH]
- Johan Sundstrom wants to come back to North America. Quoted in this story (translated by Zeb of Habs Eyes on the Prize): "I know Islanders are open to trade me, but I don't know what other teams are willing to sacrifice [to get me]. It's a complicated process and the 15th of June is around the corner, but it is being worked on"
- Would you believe the Islanders are among the best early value bets to win the Stanley Cup next season, even at this way too early stage? ESPN does. [E$PN In$ider$ Only]
And There Was That
- The Penguins won the Stanley Cup, in their ugly road jerseys. I'm sorry.
- This is how their roster (and coaching staff) came together. [NHL]
- Reaction from Pensburgh. Crosby won the Conn Smythe.
- Here are the players skating around with it. Kessel takes it like a Proven Winner. [SB Nation]
- And here come the baby-in-a-Cup shots. [SB Nation Lookit]
- There's a pretty damned good reason Crosby handed the Cup to Trevor Daley first, and it has to do with Daley's cancer-stricken mother. [AP]
- Here's the fantastic in-game tribute to Gordie Howe during Game 6 in San Jose. [Kulkas Korner]
- A look at the Oilers' improvement in possession numbers (no really, that happened...it cost them another lottery victory!) [C&B]