Game 6 of the Stanley Cup final is tonight in San Jose. The schedule says 8 pm, but we all know it'll be more like 8:15 for puck drop. A Sharks win sets up a Game 7 in Pittsburgh on Wednesday. A Penguins win means lot (more) smug Penguins fans.
- We looked at Linus Soderstrom, an interesting kid and (yet another) intriguing goalie prospect. [LHH]
- Noel at Hockey Buzz looks at some considerations for the Islanders in an expansion draft.
- Elliotte Friedman's 30 Thoughts starts by discussing the greatness of Gordie Howe and Muhammad Ali, but also includes some scuttlebutt from around the league.
- One of those butts is about Scott Hartnell, who might be willing to leave Columbus by waiving his NMC. The Cannon discusses.
- Also in Ohio, the AHL's Lake Erie Monsters are your Calder Cup champions and the first title winner for Cleveland in many, many years. [The Cannon | The winning goal, scored with a fraction of a second left in OT via The Score. | Michael Fornabaio on the Sound Tigers/Connecticut connections. Congrats to former Islander Brett Gallant.
- SBN College Hockey examines Craig Button's final NHL Draft rankings.
- We make fun of the Maple Leafs a lot, but one fan is proud of his team's participation in Toronto's Pride celebrations and the organization should be commended. [PPP | And wishes of peace to the people of Orlando]