There will be a Game 6 in the Stanley Cup final, Sunday night at 8 pm. San Jose's Martin Jones practically dragged his team all the way the hell across the country by stealing Game 5 last night in Pittsburgh in front of a sea of fans who paid thousands of dollars to watch the Penguins lose.
- Next on the Top 25 is Scott Mayfield, who's had a couple of cups of coffee already but might come up a little short of a full pot. [LHH]
- Jordan Hart, son of former Islander Gerry Hart, has pleaded guilty to drug possession charges in connection to the death of Derek Boogaard. [Newsday]
- Hockey Wilderness is doing a mock draft and gifted the Islanders a local boy.
- Pat LaFontaine helped kick off the summer reading program at the Brooklyn Public Library. [CBS NY]
- It took the Penguins seven years to get back to the Final. The two incarnations of the team can teach us a lot about how successful teams are built. [Pensburgh]
- The SBN Mock Draft rolls on with the Canadian trio of the Oilers, Canucks and Flames.
- Goalie Ben Scrivens goes into the mental aspects of goaltending and how those of us outside the crease get things wrong. [Players Tribune]
- A team made up of traded Maple Leafs draft picks is, unsurprisingly, pretty good. [PPP]
- Remember Nikita Filatov, the former first rounder and sometime Josh Bailey contemporary? He opens up about his lost NHL seasons, his gambling problems and why he should have listened to Ken Hitchcock. [The Hockey News]
- Just one more thing that is of passing interest to some of us grammar weirdos in the combox: The NFL will permit German-born wide receiver Moritz Böhringer to use the umlaut on his jersey nameplate. (stick tap to the "Recommended" section of related articles that loaded with the page this morning. How well they know us!)