Game 2 of the Stanley Cup Final is tonight. But more importantly, our Top 25 Under 25 is back to amuse or confuse you. Isn't that better?
- Here is the aforementioned T25U25, starting with the guys who didn't make the cut. We call them the "GTFOs."
- It feels weird to even think this, but Matt Martin might be at the end of his Islanders tenure. [LHH]
- In that article is an Arthur Staple joint about possible trade targets for the Islanders. A whole lot of meh with a few gems. [Newsday]
- What can we expect from Shane Prince next season? [TSS]
- A list of biggest New York sports villains includes one Islander and one Islander Arch Nemesis. [NY Daily News]
- Oh, right. The Cup: Patrick Marleau won't be suspended for his hit on Bryan Rust in Game 1. [FTF] | Sidney Crosby remains a hard-working man [NHL.com] | Olli Maatta's been through some shit, bro. [SI.com] | San Jose might have an ace in their pocket in Matt Nieto. [FTF]
- Ken Hitchcock returns for one final season of driving Blues fans crazy with his old school ways. [NHL.com]
- Winging It In Motown puts together an All-Snub World Cup of Hockey team and snubs Nick Leddy again! These snubs are like a virus, I tell ya.
- Down Goes Brown ranks the post-season heartbreaks this year. The Islanders ranking seems about right.
- Watch the Calder Cup Final for free via the AHL's website. That's cool. [Kukla]
- Leafs assistant GM Kyle Dubas has remade the Toronto Marlies. [PPP]
- Somehow, the franchise will be forced to carry on without Mark Arcobello, a folk hero who is now off to Switzerland. [PPP]
- Ulf Samuelsson is now the coach of the Hurricanes' AHL affiliate. Tell the rest of the league to watch their knees. [Canes Country]
- Remember defenseman Andrey Pedan, who the Islanders traded to Vancouver a while back? Well here he is talking shit about now-ex-teammate, "lonely" Jared McCann. [Van. Courier]
- RIP Flyers legend Rick MacLeish, reliable scorer throughout the team's heyday (and later a Hartford Whaler). [BSH]